Privacy Awareness Week is Almost Here
Privacy Awareness Week is coming – 12th to 18th May 2019
Privacy awareness week, or PAW, is a global initiative spearheaded by privacy watchdogs that aims to raise awareness among business and individuals about privacy protection.
Why is this week important?
- Why are you collecting data?
- From whom are you collecting it?
- How are you using the data and doe this use relate to the purpose you’ve collected it?
- Where is your data stored?
- How is your data protected?
- Who do you share data with and how do you ensure those third parties comply with their legal obligations?
- How do you ensure that data is accurate and up to date?
- How do you dispose of or delete data?
PAW 2019 has a huge number of events – you can find out more here
Each day of PAW focuses on a different aspect of privacy protection:
- Monday - Data Breaches
- Tuesday - Online Security
- Wednesday - Your Credit
- Thursday - Health Information
- Friday - Your Data
Each day of privacy week, we will post and mail out a short overview explaining why these various aspects of privacy are relevant for your business – and how you can ensure your legal risks are managed and compliance obligations are met.