Choosing a structure for your new business is a critical decision for any new business owner. The structure can affect your ongoing tax liabilities, responsibilities as a business owner, potential personal liability, asset protection and the ongoing costs and the volume of compliance.
Aperion Law makes a point of taking the time to fully understand your new business, your commercial objectives for the business and what you want to achieve as an end goal for you and the business. This critical information allows us to determine and establish the most suitable structure for you.
The key aspects of a business structure will be influenced by a variety of factors including:
- the type and value of intellectual capital held by the business
- the territories in which the business is operating
- the extent to which the business is subject to Government regulation
- the extent to which employees will be invited to participate as shareholders
- the need for external capital